Music Monday - You're Not Alone

Sorry for being away for the last few weeks.  I have been pretty busy with Church Council business and then last week I prepped for our IF:Local.  I accomplished about 2 months of work in 1 week.  It was all worth it.  It was an amazing weekend with 21 women gathering, being equipped and then unleashed into our communities.

This year was exciting because we had ladies from our sister church attend.  They came with their experiences and we got to learn more about these beautiful sisters.  My prayer for next year is that more of these amazing women can attend.

Right from the beginning of planning our IF:Local we were under attack.  As our leadership is all on Council at the moment we are having to deal with matters that are slowly taking over everything.  Then on Friday, we woke to what can only be explained as a SNOWPOCOLYPSE (I wish I had pictures for you).  In 24 hours we had over 1 foot of snow fall.  God was faithful and protected our women as they traveled and participated through the weekend of which I am truly thankful.  Some of food didn't cook when it should have and our amazing youth leader fried up chicken quickly so that we could eat.  Again, I am so thankful for hands that are willing to serve our women.  Men of our church came out periodically and shoveled and snow blowed our Church parking lot so that we were able to get out.   

One of the speakers, Christine Caine, talked about the pressure we face as believers and how we must run with endurance because the baton is now in our hands.  This baton that has been entrusted to us is the Word of God.  We are going to be pressured and the race will be tough.  Only through endurance will we build the spiritual muscle to complete our race.

I should have remembered this because once I was home I was attacked.  I came home to emails that had to be dealt with.  These emails had allegations that if true, made me look very bad.  It broke my heart.  I felt defeated.  I felt deflated.  I was a literal mess.  I have to admit that I wallowed and then I remembered everything that had been said at the conference, even words I had spoken.  You can't hide.  There will be darkness and there will be pressure.  That at those times take every thought captive and fan the flame of faith.  God meets us in the darkness.  Go to God in doubt and pain and pressure.  He will be there.  I opened my Logos app and started reading an devotion by Charles Spurgeon and then some Psalms.  The words were the cry of my heart to God and the response was peace and love.  Exactly what I needed and I had an amazing night's sleep.

The next morning while I put on the coffee pot.  I put on my favourite worship playlist on Spotify (I will share one day when I figure out how).  The first song that played was an old one that so resonates with me.  You're Not Alone by Meredith Andrews.  We are not alone.  When we search for Him, we will find Him (Jeremiah 29:13).  He has seen us.  He does see us.  He is with us.  Truths that I need to be reminded of more often then I care to admit.



Comments

Popular Posts